Mostly Books is looking for an experienced bookseller to join our small, delightful team on a casual basis. We can offer the right person 10 hours a week with scope to increase as the year goes on. As a community bookstore that has been independently run for over 40 years, we pride ourselves on our friendly and personalised customer service.
- A passion for books and reading and a desire to share in the literary conversation with our community
- Solid history of retail experience, with at least one year spent in a bookshop
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible and reliable – available to work weekends and extra shifts as needed
- Has initiative, drive and the ability to multitask
- Can work independently and contribute to the warm and creative environment that we foster
- Approachable, well-presented
- Good computer literacy
- Experience with e-bility point-of-sale system (or any other bookselling POS), bookselling databases, social media, digital newsletters or websites will be looked upon favourably
- An existing connection with the bookshop or the Mitcham community is desirable
- Customer service – locating, recommending, ordering and selling books across genres and to a wide range of readers
- All aspects of stock management, including receiving, shelving, display curation and presentation, picking returns, maintaining store appearance
Please provide a one-page maximum cover letter with your resume, summarising your relevant skills and workplace experience, along with why you believe you are a great fit for the job. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Wednesday January 15.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements for employment will not be accepted.