If you’re aged 12-20, you’re eligible to vote on the Inky Awards, Australia’s most prestigious young-adult-judged prize for young adult fiction, at the State Library of Victoria’s kids book review website Inside a Dog.
Last year’s winners were Shift by Em Bailey and The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (of which we’ve sold so many copies that I’ve now lost count.)
The shortlisted books for this year are:
Gold Inky (Australian YA titles)
- Friday Brown – Vikki Wakefield
- Cry Blue Murder – Kim Kane and Marion Roberts
- Life in Outer Space – Melissa Keil
- Girl Defective – Simmone Howell
- My Life as an Alphabet – Barry Jonsberg
Silver Inky (International YA titles)
- The Diviners – Libba Bray
- This is Not a Test – Courtney Summers
- Code Name Verity – Elizabeth Wein
- The Raven Boys – Maggie Stiefvater
- See You at Harry’s – Jo Knowles
Read any of these? Vote at http://www.insideadog.com.au/vote. You have until October 18.
I’m too old to cast my vote – but in a way, that’s a good thing. It’s silly to have prizes for children’s books judged by adults, don’t you think?